Sunday, November 7, 2010

From Their Mouths..

   Children can hardly ever be blamed for their constant struggle with weight, their school and home environments play a huge role in what they eat. These days, parents are constantly on the go and have very little time to spend with their children let alone focus on their eating habits. Though eating is a part of our everyday lives, and has a large impact on our overall health, many of us deem it insignificant. Below I have a fairly short interview with one of the youngest members of my family, to analyze what an average teen/preteen eats everyday.

Q: Okay, so what is your name and how old are you?
A: I'm Joshua Fernandez Torres and I'm 13 years old

Q: What did you have for dinner today?
A: Today? I had some white rice, steak, tostones, and some taco meat with Tostito chips 

Q:  What is a typical dinner for you and your family like?
A: Well we usually have rice and beans (i like it with ketchup or barbecue sauce), steak, pork chops or breaded chicken. I love the breaded chicken my dad makes.

Q: How many times a week do you eat fast food/junk food?
A: Almost every day... well no, EVERYDAY 

Q: At school what do you have for lunch?
A: I don't eat the school lunch, I really don't like how it tastes, and all I drink is the white milk.

Q: And how about after school?
A: After school I usually go to Vinny's to eat pizza everyday

Q: What is your favorite thing to eat?
A: I like Wendy's because the Spicy Chicken Cesar salad they have is the best

Q: Do you ever worry about what you eat and how it might affect your body?
A: No because I don’t really care about that kind of stuff, I just eat what tastes good to me

Q: Josh, if you could create the perfect meal for yourself, what would it be?
A: Oh that’s easy. I want the spicy chicken Cesar salad from Wendy’s, risotto, fried chicken breast from KFC, chicharrones de pollo (Dominican fried chicken chunks), tostones (crispy fried plantains), empanadas, a taco, a large Mountain Dew and to top it all off a banana split with all strawberry ice cream and strawberry syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment